Illinois is among six universities to receive funding through the National Nuclear Security Administration’s ASC Predictive Science Academic Alliance Program, which aims to support fundamental science at U.S. universities in the emerging field of predictive science. Other PSAAPII centers include the following:
- The Carbon-Capture Multidisciplinary Simulation Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City
- Exascale Computing Engineering Center, Stanford University, Stanford, Calif.
- Center for Compressible Multiphase Turbulence, University of Florida, Gainesville
- Center for Exascale Radiation Transport, Texas A&M University, College Station
- Center for Shock Wave-processing of Advanced Reactive Materials, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Ind.